Bio Gel Review


I had a little bit of a break this morning and was able to zip over to a nail place to get my nails filled. I have had UV Gel nails since about October 2012, and I honestly love them. I have such little tiny nails and I absolutely hate chipped nail polish and having to paint them every couple of days, do you see my problem? That is why I opted for fakes. Being in the fashion industry it is so important the your nails look totally perf 24/7, and I honestly didn't have time to constantly keep on top of them, its just such a process that I was not willing to commit to every other day. Its not that I'm lazy I swear, I just have no patience..like seriously none! So with the gel nails my nail beds look like an actual ladies nail bed and not a child's, my nail polish never chips and I only have to go once a month, that is something I deff was willing to commit to. 

I went to a new nail place last month, but they didn't offer UV Gel just Solar. With Solar nails they don't have to be put under the UV light, which is a lot better for you! I liked them, and they looked just like my Gel's. However I again went to a new place today and they didn't offer Solar but they recommended that I tried Bio Gel. She said that there is no chemicals and its like a hundred times better for your nails. So I'm all about trying new things that claim to be better for you. The process is similar to Gel nails but instead of a powered mixed with a liquid, it is a straight up gel. It looked supper thick and hard to work with, I was honestly a little concerned...(lol). But I just sat and watched and let her do her thing. And what surprised me was that she put them under the UV light to set, and is that not defeating the purpose of no chemicals? And to be honest I was not to happy with the finished result.


It is a tad hard to tell but the overall face of the nail is very bumpy and not flat and smooth like it should be. I honestly don't know if this is just want happens with Bio Gel, or if this lady just had never done this before. But just as I am typing this I hit my thumb nail on my desk and the corner broke off....not impressed...at all. These are deff not as strong as the UV Gel nails, those could put up a fight, no word of a lie. So my final verdict is that these are definitely not worth $30, they are bumpy and extremely fragile, and she did not do the greatest job polishing them either. Although I am obsessed with this colour, Mint Candy Apply by Essie, always a spring classic. So I don't know if it was just the place I went to, or Bio Gel just in general kinda sucks? Any one have a similar experience? Or have had better luck with them? Leave a comment and let me know, or what kind of fake nails you have! 

Till next time, 

I'm Tashionably Yours XO 



This entry was posted on Friday 7 March 2014 and is filed under ,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply