A Never Ending Battle | Jewellery Organization

I feel like a never ending conflict I have had in my life for the past couple years have been how to organize my jewellery. As my collection began to grow my frustration did as well. I had tried so many different ways of organizing everything and I think after all these years I have finally figured it out! There was one point where I covered a huge cork board in tumblr-esque photos and hung all my necklaces on pins on the board. It looked really cool, but I guess some of my necklaces were a little to heavy because in the middle of the night a bunch would fall off because the pins wouldn't be able to support them and neither could my nerves because holy moly it would scare me to death! And then there was one point where I totally just took the top drawer of my dresser and used the whole thing to store it all! Let me tell you, that there is dedication, because most girls are not willing to give up a whole drawer, and well it's safe to say that neither did I because that did not last long at all. Girl has gotta have her drawers for all her clothes! Ever since I moved a couple months ago all my jewellery has just been thrown into boxes and the stuff I wear all the time were just laying messily on my shelves. This was driving me crazy, and it didn't allow me to easily access everything so I was constantly just wearing the same stuff! So I spent the whole day on Friday getting creative and doing some serious damage to my collection (in a good way).

First off, there was a lot of this going on. I can't even tell you how long it took me to just untangle some of these serious clusters. I am pretty sure I gave up half way through of trying to fix this one, in my head I was like "If you have been left alone for this long to make this big of a knot, you are clearly not that important to me and I can afford to loose you." So I really did get rid of a lot of junky stuff thats just so outdated and I just don't see myself ever wearing. So if you have a lot of old jewellery you don't wear anymore just chuck it, or save it somewhere else to use for crafts or projects!

For my bracelets I stole one of these bad boys from my parents spa, since they sell a lot of jewellery there! You can find these anywhere online for supper cheap as well. I put some of the stuff I wear the most on it, as it is easily accessible and visually appealing. Score! I love the way it looks on my shelf, and I really want to get another one.

For my necklaces I found this contraption in my basement, it is actually meant for stacking your cd's on, and well who uses those anymore? So the second I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for hanging my necklaces on. They are again, easy to get to, and looks totally cute in the corner of my room, and I just put a candle onto of it to finish it off (obviously won't be lighting it).

Now for the rest of my stuff I use these adorable boxes to put them in. I found these boxes at Home Sense, the bigger one I use for all my headbands and bandanas and the smaller one above it I use for bracelets and necklaces that were too awkward to hang or store on my other things. These just go under my nightstand table, it looks so cute and easy to get to. The pink heart box was actually the box that came with a Paris Hilton perfume I got probably when I was in grade 9! That sits on my shelve as well and I put all my rings and earrings in there. And that is about it! I love the way its organized, everything is so neat (for now), and just being able to use it as decoration is a total bonus. I love finding unique ways of using something for something other then what it was meant for! I would love to know some unique ways you use for organizing your jewellery!

Till Next Time, I'm Tashionably Yours XO

This entry was posted on Monday 5 May 2014 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply