Pretty in Plaid | OOTD

So when this whole plaid skirt trend came out recently, let me tell you .. I was not having it at all. I actually thought it was the most stupidest thing since elastic waist pants (I used to call them mom pants). I think the reason I hated plaid skirts so much was because I went to a Catholic High School where it was required to wear a uniform, which consisted of a plaid kilt. Words cannot describe how much I hated this kilt, it was a mixture of forest green, navy and mustard yellow .. yeah I know right. So its safe to say that I was never willing to wear plaid bottoms in my life ever again. Which is why when I started seeing these everywhere it was like a nightmare I could not wake up from. Yet somehow, like my hatred for elastic waist pants, I was somehow magically cured. It was when I was at the Brandy Melville Warehouse Sale where I came across these two gems, this red skirt here and a white and black one. I honestly have no idea what came over me, I picked them both up and was like "Oh hey, these are cute I want to try these on." So I tried them on and I loved them, and they were also only $5 each, and that is how it happened.

Since the weather over here is finally warming up (7 months later), I decided to wear one to school! I felt like rocking the red one, I paired it with a black cop top also from Brandy, and a black sweater from Forever 21. To finish off the look, and to make it extra High-School-ish, I threw my hair up in a high pony and I wore a thick red headband (which gave me a huge headache all day, but hey fashion know's not of comfort right?) I paired it with a bunch of gold and black jewellery and that's that! It was definitely a fun change, a total blast from the past and something that I am not used to at all, but hey this year its all about taking some fashion risks! Hope you all had a fab weekend!

Till Next Time,

I'm Tashionably Yours XO

This entry was posted on Friday 11 April 2014 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

2 Responses to “Pretty in Plaid | OOTD”